How hard is this? tub filler on the side, handles on one end

Users who are viewing this thread

deedee

Reaction score
I would like to put a deck mounted tub filler on the side of the tub, but the handles on one of the ends.
Has anyone done this before? Any problems I should be looking out for? What kind of faucet setup should I be shopping for?

Thanks for your help,
deedee

Deb

Plumber
Reaction score
Deb

You can certainly do this. When I installed a jetted tub in my bathroom, I wall mounted the spout about 1/3 the way from the front of the tub on the long wall, ran 2 shower heads, and put the handles on the long side wall(where I could add more hot without having to move), about 2/3 from the front.
It will be tougher to find a deck mount spout with a wall mount handle, than one that is all deck mount or one that is all wall mount. If you do not have a shower, there is no requirement for a pressure balance valve.
Deb
The Pipewench

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Upc 2003

A note on our future. The 2003 UPC 421.0 Limitation of Hot Water in Bathtubs. "The maximum hot water temperature discharging from the bathtub filler shall be 120 degrees F."

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does that mean that they'll have to be temperature controlled valves? You couldn't rely on a manual adjustment for the max, as a change in setting on the water heater would negate that manual setting. Humm...interesting engineering problem.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Limiting

I would say temperature limiting instead of controlling. It means we will need an additional valve to limit the temperature. You are correct that changing the water heater setting does change the temperature of the mixed water regardless of the limiting valve or adjustment.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

I am sure that regulation will be violated more often than it will be observed, but the implication is that the water heater will be set for 120 degrees.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks