Sewage ejector system

Users who are viewing this thread

brandonvarnell

Reaction score
Hi, I am considering putting a bathroom in my basement. I have done tons of research on the sewage ejector systems and I think it is the best route to take. However, I have some concerns about what the finished product is going to look like. I cant find any pictures of finished bathrooms that have ejector systems. Can anyone give me some pictures to look at?
Edit/Delete Message

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
If you go with the type that you have a pit and the groundwork piping is installed under the concrete then all bathrooms follow the same look.

You can go to Zoeller.com's website to see how the above ground units look.

Just envision having to step up to use the toilet or walk on a platform to get into your new bathroom. Real estate agents have a lasting opinion on the market value of those types of bathrooms.

The ones with the pit in the floor seem to hold the highest value.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Fine Homebuilding often has ads in it for such systems, with pictures. I don't recall them looking particularly ugly, and there was no platform. I may be confusing these with incinerator systems, just the thought of which scares me, but apparently they work OK.

Prashster

Reaction score
'Sewage ejector' system is a generic term that can mean an above-ground unit or an inground unit.

The above-ground units are easier to install, but have smaller discharges and inlets and are prone to clogging (that's what I read, at least). Also, you're limited in yr choice of toilets to rear-discharge ones. However, with clever placement, the unit can be hidden behind a wall and yr bathroom will 'look' just like a regular one - except for the shower, which will have to be on a platform.

The in-ground units are more bigger and more powerful, which means fewer clogs and a longer life. However, these require concrete excavation. Concrete digging is not hard if you don't mind dust-I mean a lot of dust, have a strong back, and if your water table is fairly low.

You can have a handyman jack the 'crete for a fraction of the $3000-6000 a plumber might charge to do the whole rough job (which might be your best option since they'll route yr water supplies and vent too).

Ernesthem

Reaction score
When selecting a station take into account next - capacity, the station can be chosen for a small or large family. Design of the housing (shape and material) - the station must be able to withstand the pressure of the ground. Operating scheme (number of modes and complexity of electricity) - the simpler, the more reliable. And last - technology of installation. When I was considering a build to rent model, I also looked into this system. From my experience, I can say that the best station is the one that best suits the conditions on your site, your needs and finances.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks