Moen Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigbobdallas

Reaction score
I am getting ready to soldier the pieces on the four outlets sides of the control and I can't figure out how to get out the white plastic control so I can solder the copper to the rest of it. Hope I am making sense.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Don't know what model Moen you have. Check the install instructions that came with it. The common Moens, Chateau-style and Positemp, have a U-shaped bronze clip which retains the cartridge. Pull out the clip, then the cartridge simply pulls straight out.

When the job is all finished, check for "hot on the left, cold on the right". When you remove the cartridge, there is on indication which way it should go back . This is by design. The instructions tell you how to easily reverse hot/cold if necessary. ( It is done easily with the cartridge, doe not involve the pipes at all)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks