American Standard 963434-2950A - DEEP ROUGH IN KIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Dcuellar

Reaction score
Purchased R540 valve for shower (two) and after tiling I need extension kit for handles. Does anyone have these. I've called everywhere. I'm looking for two kits. Is this the only way to go???

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it is too deep in the wall, then that is your ONLY option, other than moving the valve forward as necessary. It is probably something you will have to get from American Standard, unless you have a well stocked A/S plumbing supply in your area, (which we do not have here).

Dcuellar

Reaction score
Thanks hj
I looked at the installation instructions and it appears that if the plumber had installed correctly it would have extended adequately for the trim. This is a custom home. Builder said he avoided using American Standard because they didn't extend enough to allow for the shower tile. He said commercial builders don't use AS for this reason. Does this sound true or is it just a story?
-d

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not use American Standard because I do not like them, period.The directions show a 7/8" +/- tolerance, which is not a lot, but if the plumber KNEW how much tile was going to be installed, he should have gotten it in the correct location. The valve does NOT "allow for shower tile", that is the job of the installer, assuming someone told him the dimensions.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks