Softner RE-circ

Users who are viewing this thread

slippy field

Reaction score
my softner is set up to do its thing every 5 days, the time seems to vary for some reason or other. At any rate, when it does its thing, all the water lines in the house seems to becomefull of air and it takes a while to work its way out. The upstairs toilet in particular can make one H of a racket too. Sometimes this happens in the middle of the night and is really loud. After about 30 seconds or so of noise, maybe closer to a minute it all goes away. Any thoughts on whats causing this and how I can stop it from happening? Thanks!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
A standard softener has a air check in the brine tank or on the valve (autotrol 155-255), If this fails to work properly, when the softener draws the water out of the brine tank, it can also draw in air. Can you post a picture of your unit and brine tank so we can better guide you?

Simply cleaning the brine tank and the float assembly can often correct this problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks