Fontaine Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

hrsnblm

Reaction score
I am looking for a well designed kitchen faucet without paying ridiculous prices. I started looking at Fontaine. Has anyone ever heard of this brand or know anything? I appreciate your responses....

Howard

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I see they offer only a 1 year warranty. They say they can provide "some" replacement parts. Who ever heard of them, and will anybody know where they are in a few years when you need some parts? Why not stick to a major brand.?

hrsnblm

Reaction score
$200 vs. $400 (and higher) :eek: And I am just plain running out of the monies that were set aside for these projects...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
In the end it will be far more expensiveto go with some off brand. Go buy a $25.00 P/P kitchen fauset and install it your self. Then save up for a good one.

I had a customer who bought a $700.00 Frankie, I think was the name was, and 2 years later he was replacing it.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

How much has the project cost so far? What percent of that is $200 for a good faucet? Probably a very small one. Why skimp on the one item you will use many times a day? Leave out one other item in the project and you will have enough for the faucet.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
$200 is a lot for a kitchen faucet, and at $400, half of that is going into someone's pocket. Get the $19 bubble-packaged unit at home depot, then save up until you can afford $99 for a good Delta.

hrsnblm

Reaction score
I guess I wasn't clear. I do not mind paying $200 for a good faucet. It is paying $400+; that is too much for my budget. It is just finding a style and color that go with the kitchen. My budget not only includes the kitchen, but the family room, the master br, and laying flooring down through out a good portion of the house. And I am just plain running out of the green stuff.

I have a new sink that I need to punch a hole for the faucet and I want to make sure that the design I get is what I want and that it is a replaceable design if I decide to upgrade in the future. I just don't want to buy junk just to have it... I guess that makes sense, at least in my mind... :eek:

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
faucet

I think you got good advice from these fellows.

I also recommend something serviceable (will work well and parts are readily available and won't cost a lot). You can pay $200. more for foo-foo too, but it won't be any better.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Make the decision if you want a single handle, spread handle, and then have the holes bored in the counter. For a single faucet, they usually seem to all take the same sized hole. Check this out over a few different brands of the same style you're interested in and go for it. Makes it easier to upgrade later. My unprofessional opinion.