(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Strange find

Retired Machine Repairman wptski's Avatar

Default Strange find

I flushed my almost new Cadet 3 before showering. I noticed that there is some bright blue substance at the bottom of the bowl. I moved it with toilet brush. It looks like the Lysol MAXcoverage cleaner that I use. The catch is that I haven't used it for weeks! How or where could that substance have been hiding in the trap way and suddenly appear?
    Bill
    Retired Machine Repairman
    Just a DIY'r

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are you sure there isn't someone else in the home putting that in there?

Nope, I live alone.
    Bill
    Just a DIY'r

Not even any pets? Some cats like playing in the toilet bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by gusherb94 View Post
    Not even any pets? Some cats like playing in the toilet bowl...
    i believe in the "mellow yellow" theory, so I made a liquid deposit, flushed it and took a shower. Right after the shower, I notice the stuff in the bowl. I'm told that when I was a young kid I pee'd purple! That had something to do with a strike at a local pop bottling firm.
    Bill
    Just a DIY'r

Hi there, there are lots of things that can turn your urine blue. One of them is an addiitive that they used to add to pop, soda pop; too much calcium, high levels of it, kids get it and it is called, diaper blue. Meds, can do it, Methrodrate, probably spelling it wrong, sorry, but, it did mine, and along with the whites of my eyes. Food dyes, like in icing, etc; chemicals, and even, certain diseases can display that symptom, I would get a check-up, it can't hurt; probably, nothing to worry about, but, better safe than sorry is my motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Hi there, there are lots of things that can turn your urine blue. One of them is an addiitive that they used to add to pop, soda pop; too much calcium, high levels of it, kids get it and it is called, diaper blue. Meds, can do it, Methrodrate, probably spelling it wrong, sorry, but, it did mine, and along with the whites of my eyes. Food dyes, like in icing, etc; chemicals, and even, certain diseases can display that symptom, I would get a check-up, it can't hurt; probably, nothing to worry about, but, better safe than sorry is my motto.
    The blue trace appeared after a flush not before and was a thicker substance. I moved it with a brush, it was gone from the bowl and wasn't on the brush.
    Bill
    Just a DIY'r

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Wow, you sure know a lot about medicine; you are one smart Cookie. Happy New Year!
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    Wow, you sure know a lot about medicine; you are one smart Cookie. Happy New Year!
    I am always sick, lol, I guess one learns from experience. I guess, I should had read his posts better. Happy New Year to you, Bob!