Ran out of water with a new subersible pump!

Users who are viewing this thread

krstewart29

Reaction score
2 months ago (May 2012) we lost water a couple of times and it was determined our 17yo submersible pump failed, but we had plenty of water in the well. The well guy who replaced it said that the pump was only about 140 feet down a 440 foot deep well, but it could be lowered in the future if we wanted.

This morning after I showered I noticed the water was very brown with lots of silt in it and eventually we ran out of water. In the past 24 hours, we ran a couple of extra loads of laundry and my daughter left the faucet slowly running all night. Since this morning, we have not used any water at all and we still don't have any water. My husband is trying to trouble shoot the problem. Are there any ideas out there what the issue could be? Did something get clogged (i.e. faucet screens, pump, etc)? We live in Connecticut where things have been a little dry, but we're not under drought conditions. We've lived in the house for 8 years and this has never happened to us.

bcpumpguy

Reaction score
Always start with troubleshooting the most easiest, walk over to the well test for power or even listen is the pump acutally running? then go from there check the control box if you have one, then the pressure switch see if it is getting power.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks