Do I need a well-point for preexisting cased well? Setup questions, PVC alternatives?

Users who are viewing this thread

cursethebanksters

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help. I have recently purchased some land with a preexisting well with what appears to be a 4 inch metal casing. It is not currently in use and there is no drop pipe. I am not sure how deep the well is but there is water about 18 feet below ground currently ( we're in an extreme drought). My neighbor has a 75 foot well and his water level is only 2 or 3 feet below ground currently so I assume mine is a shallow well. I am wanting to install a pitcher pump in my well. Do I have to use a well point? Can I make one? I am not a big fan of pvc is there something else I can use for my drop pipe besides metal? I like poly pipe but there is only the flexible poly available locally.

Thank you!

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
You can use poly pipe but of course there will be the problem of stabilizing the pump. That's why there are holes in the base of the pump. Bolt the pump base to a stationary base and you'll be OK.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks