Well point replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

BIGJOHN55

Reaction score
I have just pulled my well point. The pipe was in a 4" casing and was 60 feet deep. I havee put the new well point in the casing and gotten to the 55 foot mark. I cannot get it to go any deeper. I suspect there is sand in the casing. Any ideas on hoe to get that out and get my point the 5 additional feet i need to hit water?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Our Thursday trip with a rented trailer-borne commercial air compressor was the most fruitful yet.

Thanks to advice and coaching from a new e-friend in Lubbock named Cary Austin (aka ValveMan), we were set up with materials to put a 1 ¼” pipe down the well with an air hose from the compressor which pumped 185 cubic feet per minute of air down the well. The rapid upward movement of the air creates a vacuum that literally sucks the sand off the bottom and sends it up the pipe. In this case, it went up over 100’. Where it spews out as a mixture of sand and vaporized water.

When we first put our pipe down, it ran into the sand at about 84 feet. As the compressor started doing its job we watched our pipe sink, as it should. By our best calculations we sucked about 12 ft of sand out of the bottom!

My thanks to Cary for the many answers and suggestions he gave me over the past few weeks.

Harvey

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks