(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: WTGO-4 Oil Boiler - Question

Default WTGO-4 Oil Boiler - Question

I have an oil fired WMC WTGO-4 tankless boiler, which is being used for both heating and hot water. Howerver, there is a few min delay when the water heats up, which is uncomfortable especially during the winters. After doing some limiter research, my two options seem to be to either add an indirect fired tank or an on demand natural gas fired water heating system. Any suggestions? Also, if you can provide reliable brands that i can use to complement my heating system. Thank you.

Your boiler is designed to work with an indirect water tank. That might be the most cost effective solution. The WM Gold40 runs about $1,100. I use the Gold40 in my 4 bath house and have never run out of hot water.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Lots of good brands out there...I'm running a SuperStor Ultra.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

We sell Super-Stor and Amtrol's Boiler Mate both of which are excellent choices but as Jim said, there are lots of them out there. Your temperature problem is either a failing tempering valve or the limit is set too low on the boiler. In either case though installing an indirect is the cost effective way to go and while you are at it have them install an outdoor temp re-set control and watch your oil bill drop dramatically.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    ...and while you are at it have them install an outdoor temp re-set control and watch your oil bill drop dramatically.
    I read this recommendation and went and did some research. I installed a TACO ZVC404 just a few months ago and now I'm kicking myself for not getting the ZVC404-EXP. Adding the outdoor temp re-set control (TACO PC700) would have been so simple had I done this.

I guess I can always put the ZVC404 on ****.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I think I'm gonna go with WM Aqua Plus 55 tank. Any suggestions as to how much this job might cost? Which additional accessories will I need with the install?

Tom... I don't think its a failing tempering valve, as the boiler is year and a half old and the temperature is set at nearly 200 degrees F. I think Gary is right, indirect has to be installed with these systems, because the boiler coil capacity is low.