(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you believe in Angels or God, he did...

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Quote Originally Posted by master plumber mark View Post
    yes their are angles

I got some 1/8" and 1/4" out in the driveway right now, 20 footers.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Terry, I did watch and hear this video of that young man earlier today, I thought especially, when he started off on this one, (if I copied the URL right) he sounds alot like you. This video reminded me alot of yours. I can only say, this young man, was so sweet. And Steve, people do pray just to pray or to give thanks, not just in times of sorrow or asking for things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wozwf...layer_embedded

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe that praying should be for good things, all the time. If you look at the Lord's Prayer, this excerpt
    Give us today our daily bread.Forgive us our sins,as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
    It mentions asking for your needs, and protection too. Too many times I see people embarrassed to ask for anything. I ask for lots of things. Sometimes while driving, I ask for safety. My favorite one in heavy traffic, is asking that the person behind me doesn't tailgate. That if he really wants to be ahead of me, that he just pass me. If I forget to think that, people start crawling up on my bumper.

A few months ago, I mentioned that I hadn't been invited to Kohler and I really thought they should. There were four people in the car including myself. The next morning I got an email from Kohler and they invited me to visit them. I did that in November. A
    few weeks before that, I was at my sisters church, listening to a talk about a book. I mentioned to the group about asking for a interview several years back. I had told Jamie that I was going to be interviewed the next day. The following day I was contacted by two writers, and the City of Seattle also contacted me about being on television with them. So I mentioned that to the writer of the book that night, mentioning that it's normally a 24 hour thing. That week I got contacted for another article, so I asked the writer when he thought about doing the story, it was the same night I was at the church.

A few weeks ago, Sue was going to Thailand for two weeks. I was worried that there had been so much flooding there. She changed some of the trip to include Cambodia. I told her I would pray for helpers everywhere she went. They would see four woman in a strange land and would offer to help. Sue is a travel agent, and has been to over forty countries. My emails from her while she was gone, commented on the amazing friendliness and help everywhere she went. She had never seen anything like it before. And then she remembered what I had told her before she had left, that there would be help along the way. So yes, I believe in asking for the good things.

Two years ago, I had a premonition that I would be hurt skiing. So like any stupid man, I went anyway. I did pray that if I get hurt, don't make it hurt very much. I was going into surgery in a few days and didn't want to go in hurting. I did wind up getting slammed down by a snowboarder on my last run to the car that day. He snapped my ski pole in half, almost tore my front binding off my ski, and I was bruised on my left shoulder and on the inner side of my right knee. Not hurt that bad afterall. Total guy thing, to go up skiing anyway. But at least I knew enough to ask for a little help.
    '
    Last edited by Terry; 12-31-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Now, this is a total girl thing.

I got some things for Xmas which didn't reflect my taste. lol. I am not a pink girl. I don't own one thing pink, infact, I associate that color with sad things, so, I won't wear it. Not trying to sound ungrateful for presents, cause I am very grateful for anything I get, (if not pink) but, I tell them, gift cards work, I love gift cards, and cash works. I love cash.

So, this morning I walked into Jc pennys and found a great sweater, on sale, and 2 others so, I got 3 for the price of one I wouldn't wear or enjoy wearing. Plus, the size on the tag was so big, that it made me run to the mirror and there I stood, frontwards, sideways, looking backwards, looked at my thigns, my stomach, my chin! My butt... no no no, I thought... they didn't read the tag right. It isn't me. I am not olive oil but, I am not that size, lol. Not yet, anyways, I am working on it, eating these chips right now.

Then, it was Kohl's. Who really has some of the coolest shoes. There, I stood in an unmercfilly long line, I was praying... for it to move faster. Dear God, move this line faster I said...

The second prayer came in the shoe dept. There, I saw a pair of shoes to die for. On sale. I even had a 20% off coupon on anything & everything in the store. I waited my turn to reach the shoe I saw in the distance and being, I am not the kind of person to pepper spray someone or shove them, I prayed a shoe prayer. Being, I do have a little bit smaller size shoe than most women, it usually, gives me an edge. The 7.5 and 8's are usually gone first, but, the 7's usually, are not. I prayed, Dear God, I want a shiny black pair in size 7... I kept looking at the shoe on display and I think I saw a halo around it...
    I got the last pair. and, I didn't have to hurt anyone to get them.

I pray in traffic, too. I pray, I get the greenlight. And, I pray all the time, there is enough of gas in the car to get to & from where I am going.

Now, I did give thanks for those shoes Terry.

You have to be careful what you Wish for.

That Wish just might come true...

I Wish You all a Happy New Year.

Drink, Don't Drive.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

I wonder if anyone is going to make a new year's resolution or resolutions this year.

I really don't. Because in the past, it never works for me. But... if I had one wish I would wish that this world (and I could do my small part on this), that this world would become a kinder, gentler place to live, one with more humor and laughter, less judgemental attitudes, less sarcarsm, (which I hate), and people respecting each other, respecting each other lives and desires, and differences. What a wonderful world it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I wonder if anyone is going to make a new year's resolution or resolutions this year.

I really don't. Because in the past, it never works for me. But... if I had one wish I would wish that this world (and I could do my small part on this), that this world would become a kinder, gentler place to live, one with more humor and laughter, less judgemental attitudes, less sarcarsm, (which I hate), and people respecting each other, respecting each other lives and desires, and differences. What a wonderful world it would be.

That Would be Heaven...
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

Amen...

There is another wish I got, this one is for me, that the people I want to stay out of my life, and away from my sons & grandchild, (my family), does. Forever and ever. But, I have a better chance at curing an incurable non hodgkins lymphoma.
    My new year started at 9:38am. today, actually, checked, it was 9:26 am. New phone number for the new year.
    Last edited by Cookie; 01-01-2012 at 08:03 AM.