New well Water treatment. Softener with tankless RO.

Users who are viewing this thread

gdw_23

Reaction score
Thinking about a water softener and a tankless RO system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well test results.
Nitrate and Nitrite as N <0.071mg/L
pH 7.57
Arsenic (As)-Total 0.0040mg/L
Barium (Ba)-Total 0.0244mg/L
Boron (B)-Total 0.151mg/L
Calcium (Ca)-Total 81.3mg/L
Copper (Cu)-Total 0.0032mg/L
Iron (Fe)-Total 0.50mg/L
Magnesium (Mg)-Total 99.2mg/L
Manganese (Mn)-Total 0.0185mg/L
Potassium (K)-Total 5.29mg/L
Sodium (Na)-Total 48.2mg/L
Uranium (U)-Total 0.00622mg/L
Zinc (Zn)-Total <0.020mg/L
TDS (Calculated from 713mg/L
EC)
Sulfate 231mg/L
Nitrite-N <0.050mg/L
Nitrate-N <0.050mg/L
Hardness (as CaCO3) 611mg/L
Hardness-grains/USgal 35.8
Hardness-grains/IMPgal 42.9
Fluoride 0.35mg/L
Conductivity 1100
Chloride 33.2 mg/L

Grant

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I ran the numbers and something is not right IMO. The hardness ions don't add up. I could be wrong or just missing something. Anyway, need to know the amount of people in the family, size of home.

gdw_23

Reaction score
I ran the numbers and something is not right IMO. The hardness ions don't add up. I could be wrong or just missing something. Anyway, need to know the amount of people in the family, size of home.

5 bedroom home, family of 4

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Use this site to size your unit. http://www.quality***xx water treatment.com/water_softener_sizing.htm
Use 1 for the iron.

That web site misapplies equipment. They sell a Fleck 6700 (the Prosoft series) on larger than a 12" dia tank (a 2.0 cuft softener) which is against what Fleck says the control valve should be used on.

Last edited by a moderator:

gdw_23

Reaction score
Number of bathrooms and age of children? Any large jetted tubs or multiple shower heads and/or body sprays?

3 Full Bathrooms, 1 powder room,
Ensuite shower has 4 shower heads.

Children are 10 and 12.

Well produces lots of water and is pumped by a variable drive grundfos consistent pressure pump.
Thanks

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Four shower heads plus all other water being used at the same time should come up to 15-18 gpm peak demand and the softener should have a constant SFR of 15 0r 18 gpm. That means a 2.5 or 3.0 cuft.

For the K of capacity and salt dose settings click the Click Here link in my signature and do the math by hand.

gdw_23

Reaction score
Four shower heads plus all other water being used at the same time should come up to 15-18 gpm peak demand and the softener should have a constant SFR of 15 0r 18 gpm. That means a 2.5 or 3.0 cuft.

For the K of capacity and salt dose settings click the Click Here link in my signature and do the math by hand.

Hello Gary,
I was also looking for some insight on the RO unit. Have you used a tankless RO before or do you believe I am better off with a storage system?