(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I say - Way to go Judge !!!

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Besides being able to "see" the beating, the father called it a "beating" and the mom, said, "take it like a woman" meaning, " adult." Hence, they knew they both were beating a child.

And, if you do a search you will see, that most child abusers, was abused as a child.

It would be interesting to hear about his childhood.
    Probably some twisted form of "Texas Hold 'em".
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people." --Eleanor Roosevelt

I am sorry that happened to you Lee. It was wrong.
    This country needs to enact a law making it unlawful to assault/spank a child, it is one of the same.

He said on the tape, " I will beat you into submission." Any parent who hits their kid that is exactly, their objective, whether, they realize it or not. And, that is wrong on so many levels, and being beaten into submission taught nothing useful; quite, the opposite.

That form of getting what you want from others, hitting, assaulting physically or verbally is passed from one generation to another. THAT, becomes what is called, a " learned trait." And, it takes work, to break it.

Their are some people who never learned to hear what another is saying, to talk, to communicate, to understand... to listen. They acquired the learned trait that a rap in the mouth, a crack across a backside, a punch is the way to handle someone, anyone, a wife, their kid, who has the nerve to disagree with them. They do not see, disagreeing, and making decisions are part of a learning process, a part of growing up, and, they got to be mature enough as a parent to handle it. Some are not. How easy to strike out and hit, they see it as a cure, as a they will know I mean business. What they fail to understand, is the child in them, is doing the hitting, usually, hitting back from their own childhood.

People who usually, assault/spank, it was done to them. It is a learned trait. And, sadly, the prisons are filled with them.

I commend those who break the cycle.

Ask yourself this, for anyone who sees, spanking, as an innocent thing, as something you are able to dispense out fairly and rationing; do, you stop, when the child says to? or starts to cry out? Or... is it, just one more, so he/she gets the point>>>

When you spank, your mind is rationalizing it, by saying, I love him enough I want him to grow up right.... what the parent is clearly, doing is finding a quick way and easy way to make the child do what he wants, to be the way he wants.

There is no easy, quick fix for being a good parent. It takes work, it takes time, patience, acceptance and a whole lot of love. Hitting him does nothing but hinder the parent/child process. It takes away that bond and trust, and leaves the child feeling empty, worthless and stupid.
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-12-2011 at 02:03 PM.

If you do a search you will see, that most child abusers, was abused as a child.

It would be interesting to hear about his childhood.

That does not mean that every child that got abused is a child abuser.

I raised my son and never had to scold him with a belt, I was lucky that he learned the first time.

To think that you can put a child into Time-Out does not always work. Look at the Brats at Wal-Mart.

The punishment must fit the crime.

What our teachers did to us like a Paddling in front of the class is now Child Abuse ???

B.S.

I say she should "Suck it up Butter Cup..."

She posted that because Daddy was going to take her car keys away.
    His X-Wife is the one that needs a good spanking. She let this all happen.

Like I said before People should not be so quick to judge.
    You have never walked it their shoes. Lucky You...
    Last edited by DonL; 11-12-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Freedom of speech
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

Did you watch and hear the video?

Quote Originally Posted by leejosepho View Post
    Probably some twisted form of "Texas Hold 'em".
    Could be.

I seen enough of it to see that it was well done, Mom helped also.

Don't get much better than that.

I bet she never did that again, Under his roof.

He was the Judge, He did what needed to be done.

I am sure a book deal will be coming.

Yep, Daddy Dearest.

Yep, Daddy Dearest.
    LOL! very good cookie.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Got to Love Cookie...

I loved to be loved... thank you guys.

It's ashame not everyone sees me that way, lol.
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-12-2011 at 06:34 PM.

This country needs to enact a law making it unlawful to assault/spank a child, it is one of the same.
    Nah, a well-controlled corrective or remindful spanking is not an assault. My mother spanked me many times while teaching me to obey, and today I would thank her for that if she were still alive. Like someone has mentioned, mere "time outs" are useless unless a child is truly going to ponder and alter his or her wrong behaviour, and few human beings ever do that without some kind of pain having first been a motivator.

He said on the tape, " I will beat you into submission."
    My father used to say precisely this: "If you do not respect me, I will beat you until you do."

Hm. He must not have beaten me enough.

Any parent who hits their kid that is exactly, their objective, whether, they realize it or not.
    Not true. Some parents understand they just need to be sure they have a child's attention.

... getting what you want from others [by] hitting, assaulting physically or verbally is passed from one generation to another.
    Sure, but then so can some appropriate spanking be passed along.

Their are some people who ... acquired the learned trait that a rap in the mouth, a crack across a backside, a punch is the way to handle someone, anyone, a wife, their kid, who has the nerve to disagree with them ...
    How easy to strike out and hit, they see it as a cure, as a they will know I mean business. What they fail to understand, is the child in them, is doing the hitting, usually, hitting back from their own childhood.
    That is not always why people do that. Many have just never been shown any other way.

Ask yourself this, for anyone who sees, spanking, as an innocent thing, as something you are able to dispense out fairly and rationing; do, you stop, when the child says to? or starts to cry out? Or... is it, just one more, so he/she gets the point>>>
    If even the first whack had been done in anger, then it would have been just as wrong as the "just one more" last.

There is no easy, quick fix for being a good parent ...
    Then why bother with a simple law against spanking? After all, that law would then just have to be enforced at the point of a gun ...
    Last edited by leejosepho; 11-13-2011 at 07:15 AM.
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people." --Eleanor Roosevelt

Just no reason to ever hit a child.

Mere hitting is done in anger and retaliation, Cookie, and we definitely agree there!

No reason to hit, assault or what some people innocently, call spank. No reason ever to hit a child.

No one has a right to hit a child. And, I would like to see a law passed making, "spanking" unlawful, with jail time, and huge restitution having to be made.

To hit/spank a child is barbaric, and should be against the law. It is assault. Assault on a child, how worse can that get in any society.
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-13-2011 at 07:26 AM.

I would like to see a law passed making, "spanking" unlawful, with jail time, and huge restitution having to be made.
    What is different about that and spanking? Why not just give parents an occasional "time out" while having a bit of conversational exchange?

Would you give an adult male a "time out" for conversation if he assaulted another "adult male" in the streets?

No. You would punish him for his crime.