copper pipe angles

Users who are viewing this thread

farrington

Reaction score
Just thought i'd check something out before I finish up my latest project. Is there such a thing as too many 90 and 45 angles in a short run of copper pipe??? Pulled down the wall in a BR I'm remodeling and the sink pipes are all over the place. 45s and 90s everywhere! Really weird. I only have minor plumbing experience but I would think that too many fittings running in all different directions would stress out those same fittings a little too much? Great site and thanks.
joe

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It takes as many fittings as it takes.
You don't have a picture, but when getting the supply lines at a consistent height, and avoiding waste and vents, you do wind up using some of the fittings in your trays.

farrington

Reaction score
can't post a pic today but the one thing i was curious about was i've only really seen supply lines going up. The HW and CW lines run mid height along the wall and then 45 angle down to the valves. I guess this is ok. Other bathrooms I've worked on the supply line go up to the valves. I'm just being a little cautious. Thanks
joe

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipes

They can go up to the valves or down to them. And sometimes, such as the job I am working on now, one line goes up and the other one goes down. It does not make any difference.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I think it'd be fun to see some pics of plumbing nightmares...you know the ones where you need a coupler and all you have is a T, couple elbows and a 45. ;)

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks