At wits end with a shallow well

Users who are viewing this thread

glabonte

Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping you figure out what is wrong, because I've tried everything I can think of to get my well working.

The well is only used for lawn watering and topping off an inground pool in the late spring. After topping it off (about 3k gallons) a few days before, I've had no luck getting any water to draw up. I ran a pipesnake down the see a) how deep the well was (snake went down 20 feet) and b) see if there was water in the pipes (water is 10 ft below surface).

I replaced the well pump after filling the pool since the old one's pressure tank bladder was shot.

It was dry for the weeks before and after filling the pool, but it rained all last week.

Any thoughts? I would really prefer to get the well working again so that I don't need to draw city water to water the lawn.

Btglenn

Reaction score
sounds like we are in about the same situation
if it worked before you replaced the pump and tank then its probably an issue with the way you put it back together. From what i have gathered you have to have all connection completely butted and sealed on the suction end. also do you have foot or check valve anywhere?
Did you use the same type pump and tank when you replaced them?
if you have along run from the well head to the pump it can take a long time for it to prime itself cycling the pump, if your connects are bad then you wont gain any ground

the pros will likely be able to offer more in depth solutions

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks