How about airplane toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
If we want to go to a 3 ounce flush with a clean bowl that will flush your underwear too, why not design an airline type flush mechanism, using water instead of that gel?

You would have to plumb the shower and sink in front of it to carry it off, likely.

I would make it out of plastic; no shipping issues, and a godzilla to install.

If 400 people on a plane can hear you flush a toilet, why worry about the kids and guests at home?

I think the first guy that thinks outside the porcelin box is going to be the new Bill Gates.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In 1998 I was selling loud toilets. It was hard to get anyone to buy a second bowl. Then I found a brand that was quieter, and sales took off.

When has loud and obnoxious ever been a selling point?
Only an engineer would think like that, and every time I get on an airplane it reminds me of how little engineers think of standard comfort items the rest of us take for granted.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Seems like population will require us to make some hard choices in the future. Would it not be better to have a loud flush than a 1 gallon shower? or bathtubs with a 20 gallon limit?

And there seems to be no reason why the NEW plastic toilet that uses 3 or 8 ounces need be loud and obnoxious. It could use high pressure spray nozzles to wash the bowl. I think in the future electricity will be easier for us to make than water. And that Toto butt washer can share the same outlet.

Why not an upgraded, full size "rv" toilet?

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Maybe you can get a 8 ounce flush toto eco-eco-eco ultramax in the future. And the buttwashers will likely fall outside the future reg's.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Every time I fly it's Toto in the business class lounge (which flushes before I'm done) and it doesn't get much better on the plane.

I love to be home instead. Where it's Standard.

American Standard.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Arfeller,
The other guys just have a hard time understanding that washing with water thing. I wash my hands with water too. And it doesn't seem a bit strange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks