shower head diverter valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles2

Reaction score
Got a request from an elderly couple who have a diverter valve installed on their shower arm so they can switch as desired from the stationary shower to the hand-held shower. It's a nice heavy chromed brass, but the sliding pins are too hard for them to press and a lot of water leaks around the pins.

Can this be repaired satisfactorily or is there a different type I should recommend to them?

Charles2

Reaction score
Maybe by pins I mean push buttons, I don't know. When I first installed it years ago, they worked well. But maybe it's time to change it out. Which of the ones you've seen would you say is the best value? Can you post a link to it?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ACC_WO_4923_med.jpg
This is the Alsons diverter I was referring to. They also have turn lever and push pin versions but this is the easiest one to operate.

Charles2

Reaction score
New unit arrived a couple of days ago. I ordered the Alson's, but received something in an Ace Hardware package that said "no tools required" for installation. That was a joke. Unlike the one I'm replacing, the new unit has a female swivel (hose type) connector. I tightened the heck out of it, used tape and dope, and it still leaks. Can't tell from the picture you posted, but it looks like the genuine Alson's has the same construction. I don't get it - what am I doing wrong? :confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks