run 3/8" or 1/2" PEX supply to toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

sanaka

Reaction score
My first post here, Awesome site! :)

Based mostly on the great information and reviews here, I'm planning to put (4) Toto Drakes in the house I'm building. I plan to plumb all the supply with PEX/Manabloc, with home runs to each fixture.

I had been assuming 3/8" runs to the toilets would be fine. But I read a post (somewhere) by a plumber who said sinks are the only fixture they would run 3/8" pex to.

How much slower would a toilet tank refill using a 3/8" versus a 1/2" PEX home run? Thanks!

Peace,
Sanaka

TheZster

Reaction score
Just plumbed my new basement addition with Pex - the other 4 bathrooms have existing Pex. Every plumbing fixture in this house is set up with a home run to the manifold... except 3 of 5 toilets. In every bathroom where the toilet is relatively close to the lavatory, the toilet T's off the lavatory cold water supply - 2 of the 5 are home runs as the toilets are "miles away" from any supply lines. - and every line in the house is 1/2". I have no filling issues or pressure problems anywhere....

For what it's worth.... and it was free!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pex

Personally, the only fixtures I WOULD run 3/8" to would be the toilets since the smaller lines might just mean it takes a bit longer to fill. Everything else I would want the highest flow possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks