3/4 copper to 1" pex

Users who are viewing this thread

cmfitz11

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to reseed grass in my front yard. My house is on a well and has decent water pressure. My issue is I only have one spicket for the whole house on 1 acre of land(reseed is about 5,500sf). My current main supply off the well(after pressure tank and softener is 3/4 copper for 5' and then transistions to 3/4 pex to feed the water heater and 1 kitchen and bath plus the hose line.
When I recently replaced all the cpvc with pex I ran 1/2 pex off my 3/4 pex supply line to feed my hose spicket. I have very low and inconsistent water pressure out to my front yard with the 1/2" pex supply.
My question: Should/can I run 1" pex off of the 5' section of of 3/4" copper to feed 2 garden hose lines on either side of the house? The ID of 1" pex is just barely bigger than 3/4 copper and it would be 2 separate runs of about 10' and 30' to get to the spickets. I only ask because the ID of 3/4 pex is significantly smaller than 3/4 copper.

Attachments

• pex-supply-pipe-chart.jpg
    pex-supply-pipe-chart.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 162
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks