Free standing laundry sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a Free standing laundry or utility sink that won't break the bank i.e. nothing over $1000?

I do not know where to start looking.

It can be a single sink.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I want something quite good. A cabinet would be OK but I do not like something that is too wobbly, like some of the fiberglass ones are.

Should I consider all stainless steel for example? Or a stainless steel sink in a cabinet?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The most elegant and expensive way is with a 30" or 36" cabinet and a cast iron or stainless steel deep laundry sink. They also used to make a 20" metal and fiberglass sink/cabinet combination, but I do not know if there are any current models of it. My preference is the molded sink mounted/hanging on the wall.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ian, I have 2 of those inexpensive fiberglass tubs. I use one in my laundry area and one in my shop. I bolted the legs of both tub to the floor, and the are really quite stable. If your concern is that these will move around, I think you will find anchoring them to the floor will solve that problem. Now, if you are after something to match a nice decor, these will not do that. They are functional period.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
By the time I will need it I would have just refinished the whole laundry area. It will have smooth drywall, a suspended ceiling and a tile floor.

And you want me to plonk a plastic tub in it?

Actually, the Mustee cabinets look quite nice.

Last edited:

Wallskev

Reaction score

Attachments

• sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 33,958