Bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

lottaj

Reaction score
I am remodeling a bathroom. I tore out an old corner single vanity and I want to install a double vanity on the adjacent wall. The water lines are in the wall where I want to install the double vanity. The p trap pipe is on the adjacent wall. Is it possible to re-route the p trap pipe inside the wall and around the corner for the two sinks and venting on the adjacent wall? The double vanity I ordered is 61" wide. The wall for the vanity is 71 1/2" wide, so there will be a 5" gap on either side of the vanity. The p trap pipe would be visible if I cannot move it to the adjacent wall. If the p trap cannot be moved, are there any alternate solutions to the problem?

lottaj

Reaction score
I had a friend who works for the water dept. tell me that I should not have the waste pipe go around the corner as it will cause problems like you suggest. He also said I would have to drill large holes through the supporting corner joists which could weaken the load bearing joists. I am now trying to do a custom double vanity on the wall where the waste pipe is located.

double_lav_rough_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: