(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: bathroom fixture shutoff question

Default bathroom fixture shutoff question

In my bathroom I have 3/8 quarter turn shutoffs attached to Wirsbo pex all set for a sink. I have a kiddie pedestal sink with kiddie faucet to install. The faucet comes with 1/2" braided supply lines that are threaded directly into the faucet on one end and are 1/2" FIP on the other end. My question is why can't I find a bushing or transition fitting to attach 3/8 male compression thread to 1/2 FIP? I have looked almost everywhere. I could replace the shutoffs with 1/2 inch but its a kiddie sink and is only for a couple of years. I also have looked for replacement supply lines for this particular faucet but cannot determine the manufacturer. It is vaguely marked with a cursive "T" on the top of the handle. Surely there is an easy fix that I am overlooking here. Thanks as always.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Change the shutoffs to 1/2"

We have been using Delta style lav supplies under cabinets for those, 3/8" male by 1/2" FIP and a brass nipple between, but this is a pedestal lav and the connections are visible.
    Get yourself a sleeve puller and replace the shutoffs.

Larsen Supply distributes a 3/8 female compression X 1/2 male ips reducing adapter meant for your need. Their part number is 10-0012 (bulk) or 10-0013 (carded). They are chrome plated. Larsen does not sell directly to the public, but if you can find someone that sells their line of products they should be able to get them for you.
    Last edited by asktom; 05-11-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks for the reply. So you are saying replace the male 3/8 threaded portion of the shutoff with 1/2 using the sleeve puller? Where do I find the 1/2 threaded portion if that is the case. Or, are you saying just replace the whole shutoff itself with a 1/2?

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The adapter mentioned above would work, or if you replace the entire shutoff, you would use this tool.

Got it. Thanks to you both.