Bar/ Sink Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

greenbaypackersfan

Reaction score
Hi people,
I recently moved into my house that has a BAR/SINK pump in the basement. The brand of the pump I believe is Flotec 1/4 Horsepower Sink Pump System. It sits below the sink of my basement wet bar and every once in awhile there is a pretty bad odor coming under the sink. I believe it's coming from the sink pump system, and if I pour some hand soup down the drain and let the water run, after a few pumps the smell would go away but will return in a few days again..........
Does anyone know how to remove the smell? I am thinking of dumping DRANO or BLEACH in there but want to check with you guys first. I did a search online and had no luck. I don't believe it's a good idea to dump bleach or drano into a sink pump... I was also thinking of pouring some vinegar in there ( works with garbage disposal.)

what are your thoughts of getting rid of the smell?

fp0s1800lts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You should have an enclosed pump system.
One line going out for the waste, and one for the vent.

If you have an open reservoir, it's going to smell between uses.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
But if you smell it, its not a closed system. Do you have a functioning automatic vent on the unit? A little bleach for a flush would not hurt.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks