rough in dimensions

Users who are viewing this thread

Esquire

Plumber
Reaction score
I just got called by an out of town friend who just picked up a new shower kit to start finishing his basement. It was purchased 'roughed in'. He has set the pan on the floor and the edge of the shower sits ~13" from the center of tiolet outlet pipe. This is a 38" neo-angle and I just want to make sure that this will fit. It's a 3rd basement washroom and he claims it's not a big deal if it's close, just wants to be certain that it'll all fit. What do you guys think about the 13" closeness?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The Neo-Angle makes it a judgement call, because the shoulder room while using the toilet would depend on how far the side wall projects forward next to the toilet. If it is a 12" wall, there might be enough clearance to give 15" from the center of the BOWL, but not if it is 18".

Esquire

Plumber
Reaction score
If they have the same as mine, then it was have 19" walls on the neo-angle. To me it seems like 13 would put your body quite tight to the glass wall. I'm not certain as to what I should suggest to him now. I think it would work but I'm not sure if anyone would ever be comfortable on the can.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks