Shower sometimes not hot

Users who are viewing this thread

tvis

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my shower. Every so often the water is not hot. It is luke warm and then goes cold after running it a while. When this happens the water in the rest of my house is also luke warm. After running the luke warm water until it goes cold and waiting for a while the water heats up to the normal temperature. I have an electric water heater that was just replaced last year. The problem seems random. Sometimes I will go a month or month and a half with it not happening and then sometimes it will happen up to three times a week. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Intermittent things are a pain to diagnose, but here's a couple of things you might check: some single-handle valves, when they get worn, can allow a cross-over from hot to cold, and this can cause mixing - this can be random, depending on where the handle is left; the (probably) upper element or thermostat on the WH might be defective, or the leads are loose. There's probably a lot more things, but this might get you started.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks