shower faucet recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

smeylink

Reaction score
Looking for info on what is good make/model that includes easy to repair in the future. Planning on staying here a while and want to install something I don't need to "fix". We use a tankless water heater so normally run 100% hot water (set the controler at the temp we want) sometimes we do mix cold/hot when running the dishwasher or cloths washer at the same time.

New install no holes drilled in the shower yet.

Rather pay for quality now then headache later.

Let me know what you recommend based on field experiance for the professionals what would you install in your own home.

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I like Grohe, but my sample of one is not a good sample! The Delta 1700 rough-in valve is often recommended. It will let you use either a thermostatically controlled or pressure-balance valve assembly. I'm partial to the thermostatically controlled valves - set it once, and never worry about it. Typical pressure-balance valves have no volume control, and the temperature will vary depending on the cold and hot water supply. You might have problems if the pressure is not even between the hot and cold inputs - it would look like someone was flushing the toliet, and the valve might respond by shutting down to prevent scalding you. You'd need to read the details on the valve you select to see how it responds to the unique problems often accompanied by flow/pressure issues on a tankless system verses a typical tank.

smeylink

Reaction score
Looked at the Grohe web page and looks to fancy for my blue jeans. :cool: Delta 1700 series looks to be nice option of temp and volume adjustments. We added a adjustment to the upstairs shower on the shower head to adjust the volume so when soaping we could reduce the flow w/o changing the temp (prior to tankless heater). So I really like seeing this as part of the handle that looks to be easy to adjust. Most if you are mixing hot / cold when you move the handle you have to readjust the temp while wasting water when you could be soaping and rinsing.

Any other suggestions from other users, or is the Delta 1700 bullet proof and easy to fix if something goes south.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks