pressure issue

Users who are viewing this thread

high pockets

Reaction score
First of all I know nothing about water wells. The well I have is 3 yrs old, it has made BAD water from the start with lots of iron, sulphur and who knows what else. We can't even wash our white laundry or the water will turn it red. I have put a filter on but it made little difference.
Last week it got very cold and froze up my water and now when I run the water it will sputter. I have pressure but it seems like it's pushing air through the line or maybe is stopped up with sand. I have a pressure guage on the inlet side of my tank, I believe it has always ran around 70 psi.
Yesterday I changed my filter, so I shut the vaulve, (with the sink on in the house) changed the filter and opened the vaulve again. When I finished I reopened the vaulve, my pressure gauge made a full round and pegged out with the water still on in the house.
I still have the sputtering problem, any thoughts?

high pockets

Reaction score
All I know is that it is a submergable.
As of today we have grass coming in the tub. Still have good pressure, just sputtering.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Leak

It sounds to me like you must have a second check valve in the line near the tank. When the pump shuts off the pressure between the check valve on the pump and the one near the tank allows the pressure to drain down between the check valves and depending on where the leak (or crack) is, the check valve on the pump may be leaking back a little causing a suction at the leak/crack allowing air and trash to be sucked in to the system. Then when the pressure at the pressure switch/tank drops and the pump comes on the air and trash is pumped into the system and eventually to the faucets.

Yep, there is a leak or crack in the line somewhere!

Porky Cutter, MGWC
Nationally Master Ground Water Certified by the NGWA www.ngwa.org
www.dci-inc.us

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks