Kohler Wellworth Model 11471

Users who are viewing this thread

nottick

Reaction score
Hello and again I will say thanks in advance to any and all that can provide assistance.

Removed an American Standard bowl, back of tank was dead 12 inches from the back of tank to the center of bolts. Pipes are firm in the ground and did not move while removal took place.

Installed Kohler Wellworth Model 11471, from wall to center of bolts, have a dead 12 inches, but back of tank is 1.5 inches from wall.

Based on the pictures in the lower left hand side of this page( from Kohler, it is a PDF file), can I assume they designed this to have the tank off of the wall?

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1097334_4.pdf

If this was designed to have tank off of the wall, any suggestions as to make/model which will give me a tank against the wall?

Again, thanks in advance .

Some photos , to show ...

photo will show 12 inches from bolts to wall..

floor.JPG

photo will show the 1 1/2 inches the tank is off the wall.

back1.JPG

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You probably won't find a toilet that sits that close to the wall (or touches it). I didn't look at the spec sheet, but guess that it shows that 1.5". Most manufacturers plan for a space to account for flanges that are slightly off. Many of the Toto toilets that I've looked at are spec'ed to have 3/4" behind them with a 'perfect' flange installation (which few have).

So, you will likely have to live with at least some gap there, but it could be smaller with a different model and brand. It might even be smaller on a different one of the same type and brand...things do vary some in manufacturing them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks