Want to move Washer and Dryer...but I'm on a concrete slab

Users who are viewing this thread

tdroupy

Reaction score
Ok guys, I need some help with your skills and experience.

For the project I would be taking the washer and dryer and moving the units over 2 rooms. I tell you this to illustrate the fact that I could not simply just move the drain pipe down the wall, a doorway and mud room would be dividing the old and new washer and dryer rooms.

I am on a concrete slab, all other posts are basements. Unfortunitely we dont have basements in Texas.

Ultimately would love to move the washer and dryer and put a sink in the new washroom. I just dont know how to run the drain unless I start busting concrete, and then what about drain pitch to the septic?

Thank you all for your time

Travis

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
You are going to be limited by the existing invert of the pipe, it's a crap shoot until you know that for sure. Could you route the new sanitary piping to the outside and tie out there instead of trying to tie into where the old stuff is/was.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
washer

You may have it backwards. You may not know what to do UNTIL you start breaking concrete. Until you know what you have existing, you can't tell what is required to install the washer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks