what tool do you use to clean smaller pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pipe7000

Reaction score
hi,
i was wondering what the preferred tool would be to clean smaller lines such as sinks, bathtubs etc. I know there are handheld tools like the super Vee, as well as units that sit on the floor with a guide hose, like the Rigid K40. What are the pros and cons of either tool? which do you prefer and why?

thanks

Jay Mpls

Master plumber
Reaction score
Great big fan of the Ridgid K39af. No problem getting through traps and has a feeder.
So even doing an overhead tub line is a neater easier job!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
snake

For those I use my Rigid cordless unit, which they decided to discontinue and stop making batteries for it. Which means someday it will become "useless".

jonebell

Reaction score
Hey,
You can scrape your resin with a sharp knife or even tweezers. When you've scraped your resin, soak the pipe in isopropyl alcohol until it's clean. You may have to rub it mid-way through the soak with a paper towel or brush.

Thanks.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hey,
You can scrape your resin with a sharp knife or even tweezers. When you've scraped your resin, soak the pipe in isopropyl alcohol until it's clean. You may have to rub it mid-way through the soak with a paper towel or brush.

Thanks.

Ummm I think perhaps we might be talking about a different type of pipe cleaning...
Maybe you got lost on the way to the High Times Forums....:rolleyes:

And Hi there Spammer Marcy Tate...

Last edited:

Plumbermurrieta

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.plumbermurrieta.info
-Rigid pipe, usually installed in new homes, makes a neater installation, but it is much more difficult to install than soft, flexible copper pipe.
-Flexible copper pipe is best for repair work since it can be run around obstacles without connections or cuts.
-Copper pipe is available in three basic types: Type M is thin-walled, Type L is medium-walled and Type K is thick-walled. In most cases, Type L is good for home use.