Let me start with my situation. I have a nursery (son's bedroom next year) upstairs. Size of the room is 172 sq/ft with 9ft ceiling and runs about 5-8 degrees cooler then downstairs. The house is on a forced air LP furnace but the duct work is primitive, we had to install a return air to the room. I would like to supplement the room with electric baseboard heat. My questions are as follows:
1. Knowing the standard rule of thumb, sfx10 for wattage, but is this too much just to supplement the furnace heat? And if so how do I determine the correct wattage requirement?
2. Again with the hydronic, for supplement heat is it a waist of money and are they more safe in a little kids room?
3. I would like a double pole thermostat, does this determine if I get a 120v or 240v model?
4. It would be on a dedicated circut, does that help me decide between a 120v or 240v model?
5. Are electric baseboard heaters required to be under the window or not really a benefit if I'm just supplementing the furnace?
6. Would I need to reduce or block off the return air?
7. Just for my knowledge what is a 208v vs. 240v?
Thank you so much for your time.