(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm having my last wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Knocked out? You wimp.

I actually said ouch when mine went crack.

I like to be there to supervise. I watch over my plumbers and electricians too.

Just to make sure the job is done right.

It's starting to really hurt now. Just like last time.

I'll crack open a bottle of wine in a few hours. Should help the pain...well when I mix it all up with the painkillers anyway.

Thank God that's all over. It took three years to pull all four.

I would like to get back on the happy gas though. I have not seen that since I was a kid. I think it's banned now in England but I keep seeing bottles of the stuff in the dentists surgery over here. I'll ask next time.

Happy gas is so...happy.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking wine wont do it

screw the wine,,,,

gentelman jack, that is what you need...

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaOrange View Post
    Wuss, you should've gotten them all yanked at the same time. Day or two an it's over, and doesn't mess up other teeth and don't have to worry about it for several years in a row.

I take it you have seen teeth of your countrymen's smile.....
    Is it the pain of the pull or of the bill that is the reason for the delayed approach?

Extreme DIY Homeowner Scuba_Dave's Avatar

Tylenol w/codeine is what they gave me
    Lights out for about 4-5 hours
    DIY Handyman (not 4 hire)
    I have enough to do to my own house

So many questions and things to respond to I have had to open a new bloody window.

But at least I can type, my speech is currently impaired i.e. I sound like an American.

I will start on the wine Mark but then mix it up a little. After the red, I'll move on to Miller Genuine Draft (America's Best Beer) and perhaps then the Daniels and the Bean.

The delayed approach was used largely for fear of the pull and to minimize disruption at work. The bill I have not paid yet since the receptionist was not there on my exit so I made a quick escape. You call it stealing...I call it the "Public Option".

Tylenol with codeine sounds nice. I currently have 800mg ibuprofen which I am currently on and then some Hydrocodone for later.

All of this and I could still solder a joint.

The extraction site is a real mess. I can see white bone, blood clots and stitches.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 09-18-2009 at 03:56 PM.

I have just had my first glass of red and can feel the area starting to rapidly heal.

But there are so many people out there just like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbPNX...eature=related

All half my age.

Why do you Americans do this to your kids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b877X...eature=channel
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 09-18-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Talking are you lit up yet???

hows those pain medications doing???

kicking in yet???

I slept well last night. The meds and the booze knocked me out.

I have a little headache now. I don't feel clear enough to do my day job but definitely well enough to do some plumbing or electrical.

Hmmmm...all you need to be is licenced and you would be a duplicate of the guys I follow around and fix all their work...

Come on Cass. You guys are always understating my credentials. Unlike many people on this Board I am fully unlicensed to plumb in each and every State, and that includes Puerto Rico and Hawaii too. In fact I can proudly say, and after a great deal of studying, I cannot legally do any remodeling work for anybody other than myself in any country.

In most areas homeowners are allowed to do electrical and plumbing work within their own residences, however the particulars vary from locale to locale. In some locations it can be as simple as obtaining a permit, while others may limit the scope of work that can be performed or even require aptitude testing before a permit can be issued.

Ultimately it is the sole responsibility of the homeowner to learn about and comply with all ordinances relating to DIY work and permits. Some good sources of information would include the local building department, electrical and plumbing inspectors, and, in some cases, the local power/water company's customer service department.

However, obtaining a permit does not automatically make someone qualified to do the work. The National Electrical Code, for example, defines a "qualified person" as one who has skills and knowledge related to the construction and operation of the electrical equipment and installations and has received safety training on the hazards involved. Jurisdictions are free to use this definition or any other and it is the responsibility of the person doing the work to learn and comply with any requirements in their local jurisdiction.

Using this Forum alone is not enough to make someone qualified to perform remodeling work, however it can be used by novices and beginners as a first step in gaining a better understanding of how household plumbing and electrical systems work. For those with more experience (like Cass), it is a great tool for furthering their knowledge but still is no substitute for real world training and experience. Performing DIY work around the house is a satisfying and rewarding experience but one should always be aware of their limitations and call in a professional licensed contractor if the scope of work exceeds their abilities, and then call in Cass when the forementioned professional licensed contractor messed up and didn't do it right the first time.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 09-19-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    Come on Cass. You guys are always understating my credentials. Unlike many people on this Board I am fully unlicensed to plumb in each and every State, and that includes Puerto Rico and Hawaii too. In fact I can proudly say, and after a great deal of studying, I cannot legally do any remodeling work for anybody other than myself in any country.
    and, sadly even in Massachusetts you can't even for yourself! Some other states might be the same way, too.

Glad you are feeling up to snuff this morning.

Thanks Cookie. I am going to go grocery shopping today. The weather is quite lovely today.

Glad I had mine done when I did. They're outta there. I had a similar problem that required jawbone to be ground away. I was in a lot of pain. 6 more crowns to go and I'm done with the major work.

BTW: My insurance covers 50% of major work, and $1500/yr per person. I've been getting 2 crowns a year and paying the out of pocket costs with FSA contributions, so tax free.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    I have just had my first glass of red and can feel the area starting to rapidly heal.

But there are so many people out there just like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbPNX...eature=related

All half my age.

Why do you Americans do this to your kids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b877X...eature=channel

I found eating rice after wisdom tooth extraction is a fun thing...

Blog Entries

Talking Thats cruel

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    I found eating rice after wisdom tooth extraction is a fun thing...
    That would sting a tad bit....