Sta Rite 4" 110v 2 wire Deep well Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

True Blue

Reaction score
Model of pump is 10DOM05121

Here's the situation. Excuse my typing.

This is a cabin installation in a artisan deep well. The pump is 100' submersed and the size of plastic pipe is 3/4" (because i had 500' laying around) so i reduced the connections down fom 1 " to 3/4". I have 12/2 wire
running 140' (100' well and 40' under ground) back to a panel box with a 15 amp breaker. From the panel box then it runs another 65' back to a Yamaha2800 watt generator. I have the check valve removed so in winter it wont freeze up it will drain back into the well. I also have the system setup so
when i switch the breaker on it fills a 60 gal resivoir then switch it off again
until need, repeat..... I installed this pump and it only worked 2 0r 3 times
testing during installation. So i pulled the pump back out and when i checked
it all it done was made a humm noise and felt warm to the touch? Not sure
if its ruined or just tripped out something inside? What do you think, could
i have to small wiring. What if i installed 10/2 wire from generator back to
the panel box and leave the pump wire as is ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks TB

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I don’t think the wire is your problem. Take the pump off the motor and see if the motor will run by itself. If it does the pump is locked up. If it doesn’t them motor is the problem. Then I would plug the motor into a different power supply to make sure that isn’t the problem.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Those kind of pumps haven’t been around very long. I would stay with the tried and true pumps with the suction in the middle. There is no way you will find a pump as good as the one you have now. Every time they change them up, they do it to make them last a shorter amount of time. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would take it back to cheepo deepo and buy a real pump and do not reduce the outlet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks