New construction observations

Users who are viewing this thread

XR4ti

Reaction score
I was walking through a relatives home in Michigan that's under construction..

Is the fixture correct on the double vanity? The 'arms' of it look a little smaller than a double fixture fitting..

There are sanitary tee's used sideways for the venting in the attic space, is that legal?

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 302
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 306

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Where I plumb in Washington State, they would require 2" pipe up to the fixture cross.
They would not allow a double santee, or the 1-1/2" pipe going down.

The fittings on the vents would be fine.
Goofy, but fine.

By the looks of it, it was someone brand new to plumbing.

Jar546

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectpa.com
IPC compliant installation as far as I can see in the pic. If they were water closets back to back with a double T then that would be another story.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Dwv

The arms are ALWAYS smaller than the vertical riser if it is done properly. BUT, I would have installed a cleanout tee below the fixture fitting. From the angle it is hard to tell if the fixture fitting is a cross or the proper double fixture fitting. If it is a cross the cleanout is an absolute necessity. If it is a fixture fitting, then the cleanout would be a "nice touch" someday when it is needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks