(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: 10" Rough-in with Dual Flush?

Question 10" Rough-in with Dual Flush?

Do there exist toilets with ten-inch rough-in and dual flush?

The space requires a compact toilet with a 10" rough-in. I would like to have a reliably flushing, water-efficient toilet with the dual flush feature. I have yet to find anything with that combination of features.

Phil K.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Caroma makes a dual flush that has a swivel adapter that let's you install between 10" and 12"

The 270 bowl uses an offset adapter so you can adjust the rough-in from 12" to 10"

Underneath the Caroma 270 bowl.
    Last edited by Terry; 06-22-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Question Follow-up questions

Thank you for the possible answer.

I had eliminated Caroma from my search because the claim that "one size fits all" usually means it fits none.

Since there are no other candidates, I guess I will reconsider. I can imagine that a "swivel adaptor" might enable connection to a waste pipe over a range of rough-in distances. But what about the holes for the bolts that hold the bowl part to the floor? I find myself suspecting I will have to make new bolt holes at possibly very inconvenient locations.

Also, what is the exact criterion for measuring the "length" ("overall length"?) of a toilet? The front of the bowl of the current toilet is 27 5/8 inches from the wall. The opposing cabinet door barely clears this now. The Caroma claims a length of 28 3/8 inches. Are we talking about furthest distance from any part to the back wall? If so, then measured under what "rough-in" distance?