Filter for Septic Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Asker123

Reaction score
Hi there,
We are on Septic Tank and Septic field , the pump being in our basement. Septic tank pretty close to house may be 10 feet. Septic field about 100 feet
We got our septic tank cleaned yesterday. Guy found that Soild side was normal but he found some sludge in Liquid side as well from where the pump takes grey water and pump it to the septic field. He suggested that I can install a Septic filter right before the Pump inlet. Below are some of the links that shows this filter. Seems like it is something that can be opened from top and a small screen that can be cleaned. Do you guys think it can be of much benefit to reduce solids going into my septic field? My main concerns are 1. Adding another chance of failure leakage etc. 2. Smell in the basement if the lid is not good quality air tight...but I will be open to putting it if there are benefits.

On below link you can find some pictures of my current setup. There is not much space on the intake side. There is a check valve which seems useless on on intake side. Perhaps that can be removed and this septic filter can be put in there.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Those filters seem to small a larger filter would to.be need clean less often. Full port valves before and after filter / discharge of pump might help with the mess.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hi there,
We are on Septic Tank and Septic field , the pump being in our basement. Septic tank pretty close to house may be 10 feet. Septic field about 100 feet
We got our septic tank cleaned yesterday. Guy found that Soild side was normal but he found some sludge in Liquid side as well from where the pump takes grey water and pump it to the septic field. He suggested that I can install a Septic filter right before the Pump inlet.
That filter would not go before the pump that is in your basement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks