Aquapex ring slippage

Users who are viewing this thread

North Jersey

Reaction score
I noticed when I expand 1" Aquapex that the ring tends to slip back, causing the tubing to protude close to 3/8" beyond the ring. Does this sort of scenario present a hazard? If I don't have any leaks, should I just leave fittings alone?

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
You can hold the ring as you expand. And if they are wet the ring tends to want to slip. Make sure the tubing and ring are dry. You don't want the tubing to be exposed witht the ring behind it. If anything the ring should be perfectly even with the tubing or the ring a bit, just a bit over the tubing.

North Jersey

Reaction score
You can hold the ring as you expand. And if they are wet the ring tends to want to slip. Make sure the tubing and ring are dry. You don't want the tubing to be exposed witht the ring behind it. If anything the ring should be perfectly even with the tubing or the ring a bit, just a bit over the tubing.

Well, at least I can correct the issue without much trouble or expense. The 1" pex is a son of a gun. If ever I needed a third arm . . .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks