What setup do I need for distance

Users who are viewing this thread

lray882

Reaction score
If I build a house where I have choose it would be 1000' from the well and pump and an elevation difference of 40 ft up. What would I need to bring water and pressure to the new house from the existing pump and well?
Thanks

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
If I build a house where I have choose it would be 1000' from the well and pump and an elevation difference of 40 ft up. What would I need to bring water and pressure to the new house from the existing pump and well?
Thanks

So 1000' of pipe resistance and 40' head
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pressure-loss-plastic-pipes-d_404.html
You should be able to trade off pipe cost vs. pump cost depending on the GPM you want.
At 8 GPM and 1-1/4" pipe you've got another 10' of head due to pipe friction.

The BF-0512 with the pipe above should give you ~ 9 GPM at 50' head.

You also need the equivalent head for fittings; elbows, reducers, whatever.

A higher voltage pump motor = lower current for the same hp = lower cost for 1000' of wiring.

Last edited by a moderator:

lray882

Reaction score
Current is at the well already. I have 220 volt submersible pump in a 80 deep well currently serving another house. Are you saying run 1.25" pipe to the new house? I was wondering if a second pressure tank and pump would be required to provide pressure at the new home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks