Old error biting my behind

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
:eek: My old bathroom antique brass Delta faucet was getting shabby looking and no longer matched the new chrome tub and shower fixtures so when it started to drip, I determined that rather than the easy cartridge fix, I'd just get a new fixture. Got in to the job yesterday thinking maybe 1/2 hour or so. Heck, it took that long to unload the "stuff" we had stored in the vanity. Then I received a shock. The drain in the wall and the basin didn't line up and when the original install was done (by me) I hacked together an S trap. So, knowing better than that now, I set out to straighten the problem out. Now, several hours into that 1/2 hour job, I have determined that I need to do some fairly serious modifications. The faucet? Oh yes, it install easily by the numbers. Now if I just hadn't been paying attention to the forum and hadn't learned about S traps...:D

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Where the heck were you 20 years ago when I did this! Just finished the project after 7 trips to the hardware store. Thank God Ace is just 3 blocks away. And in the words of Larry the Cable Guy, I "got'ter done", the mess is cleaned up, and the tools are put away.:)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I should have known someone would call me to prove my job was done properly this time.:) I'll try to post a picture or two, but I'll have to learn how first. Yeah, FloridaOrange, knowledge is a B, and ignorance is bliss. The more you learn, the more you realize how ignorant you are.