Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Users who are viewing this thread

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey, how do you know my name is not Peter Griffin? Check the phone book, it's filled with them :D

My first love had the surname Griffin. I know... completely off topic... completely unrelated... but still... I can't help but smile and remember...

At any rate, several of the moderators on this forum use "screen names" that can not be verified and to the best of knowledge it is allowed here.

Last edited:

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Connel is a forensic investigator for the police department in Colorado and does investigations into meths labs He is also an expert on indoor mold and air quality.

Its Connell, by the way. In addition to the above, he was analytical chemist for a US EPA CLP laboratory (at the Colorado School of Mines I believe). He serves (served) on three of the ASTM International Standards Committees: D22 (Indoor Air Quality), E30 (Forensic Sciences) and the E50 (Environmental Assessment, Risk Management and Corrective Action). Mr. Connell was the primary author of Colorado's new regulatory protocols on methlab assessments. He was on the original citizen's committee for the promulgation of Colorado's asbestos regulation.

I will ask you again in more direct language - do you really wish to question this man's integrity?

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
SJ, I have been battling these charlatans for years now. An internet search using the words " Water treatment scams " will bring up hundreds of web sites devoted to these products. (hydropath, zeta rod, easy water et. al ) They have been around for a very long time indeed. The one thing that research shows time and time again is that absolutely NONE of them has ever lived up to it's promise, and furthermore, none of them has ever stood up to real, verifiable lab testing. Furthermore most of them use the exact same tactics when confronted by experts in the field and that is to attempt to discredit the expert by claiming that he has some "ulterior" motive for his findings. Of course the ulterior motive is never revealed and if you really think about it, why would there be a motive in the first place. Mr Connell, as you have said, has impeccable credentials and most likely the only motive driving his comments is the same motive that I have, and that is simply to save folks from being scammed into spending their hard earned money on a product that simply does not work. All too often these folks buy into this stuff because it is marginally (though not always) less expensive than traditional treatment methods.
I, and many others can and have written pages explaining the " chemistry and physics " behind why these units can not possibly do what they claim to do and yet, the peddlers of this stuff totally dismiss modern science as though the laws of physics can be ignored because they say so. It's ludicrous for anyone to believe that a device that plugs into 120V A/C could even begin to produce an effect at all.

I wish to repeat to all that have labored through reading all these posts that one way or another, it is vital to do your homework before taking anyone's word for anything.

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
I have been battling these charlatans for years now. An internet search using the words " Water treatment scams " will bring up hundreds of web sites devoted to these products. (hydropath, zeta rod, easy water et. al ) .
Including many sites about companies selling traditional brine water softeners.

I wish to repeat to all that have labored through reading all these posts that one way or another, it is vital to do your homework before taking anyone's word for anything.

Mr. Griffin is correct do your homework as there are pros and cons with all water treatment devises and you have to determine what is best for your hard water condition and what results you want from that treatment. But do not base your decisions upon postings from those on this forum or any other like Mr. Griffin who hide behind false cartoon names and fail to provide verifiable public credentials to back up any assumptions or conclusions they make on any technology. Trust those on these forums who provide web sites, with contact information, and business locations as they most likely have nothing to hide over those who refuse to do the same.

Finally read testimonials from actual end users of any product or technology. Hydropath has over one million end users worldwide sold under the Hydropath, Hydroflow and Hydrocare name. Google Hydropath, Hydroflow and Hydrocare testimonials and look at the Hydrocare USA and Hydroflow Canada web sites there are many of them to view. I personally communicated with most of the testimonial givers on the Hydrocare USA website and verified their authenticity as part of my due diligence before I decided to become a dealer. Conversely Google the same for complaints as I have done and you will find none. With over a million worldwide users, if the product did not work, I would think someone by now would have posted on the Internet. If you check the Internet for Hydropath, Hydroflow and Hydrocare scams you will find everyone who has a negative opinion on the Hydropath technology has never actually used or tested one for themselves.

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
So now you are going to resort to attacking the messenger and not the message ? To be expected I suppose.

As for scams involving traditional treatment equipment the vast majority of them deal with disreputable companies that falsify water test results to sell equipment. It is not the equipment that is a fault but rather the salesmen.

As far as my hiding behind a cartoon character let me ask you this. Would knowing my name, reading my degree. Examining my licenses and certificates make a bit of difference as to the credibility of my words? If so then we must look at your eight years of experience and match them up against say Gary's 30 years of experience. To whom should we take advice from? This is after all a forum discussion. If you wish us to take your word than you must extend the same courtesy to us.

Furthermore, why would I want to give everyone my name, number and address and open myself up to harassment and frivolous law suits ? I enjoy my anonymity here. A good sniper never gives away his position ;)

And finally....... My offer to test the product still stands. I eagerly await shipment :rolleyes:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I know, but it's like a car wreck that you just can't stop looking at. You would have been 5 grand richer for sure ;)

I can see why you have no problem publishing your name and stats but for many of us, we would just as soon not have to put up with the possible side effects. After all, better than half the mods don't publish their stats and many of the members also. Problem now is that if he (terrydbm) had pm'd me a while back I might have given it out there, but now that I have talked with some of the guys that have tangled with hydropath I'm glad I did not.

You will all please note that thus far, as heated as this discussion has been at times, there have been no personal attacks or insults toward members, only those directed at the product and company. I hope it stays this way

Gary, 3 months, 6 months a year, it makes no difference cause it will never happen. Furthermore even if I was to purchase the product and test it, the results would be criticized or the methods, or I would be sued. Been here, tried that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You should know that if that company were to come after anonymous you, all they need is your IP number off of Terry's logs and they can find you really quick.

Since my first visit to the internet on Jan 2 1997, I have used my real name etc.. I have received some spam email but nothing that can't be dealt with in like 5 minutes a day to send it to the Trash folder. IMO it's unfounded fear that makes people use made up pretend names. Real men don't do that, we stick our heads up every once in awhile just to see where the fire is coming from, and then we adapt, improvise and overcome. Then we call the others woosies.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Perhaps, but due to the nature of my job, I really want to keep the nut cases at bay. Besides, like I said before. Does knowing the poster name make a bit of difference as to the validity of the post? Remember that most of the mods here are not using their real names and I would imagine, for the same reasons as I.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allen Meyers

Reaction score
Perhaps, but due to the nature of my job, I really want to keep the nut cases at bay. Besides, like I said before. Does knowing the poster name make a bit of difference as to the validity of the post? Remember that most of the mods here are not using their real names and I would imagine, for the same reasons as I.
I 100% agree!!! Why do anything you are not comfortable with? If we do not enjoy this what is the point? It is not like anyone makes money here. Or, do they?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks Allen, I don't know but the holidays are coming up quick and I for one could use a few extra dollars. Oh well, I guess I can always put the Santa Suit back on :(

Berengaria

Reaction score
Okay you guys. I wanted to find out if HydroCare was on the level or not but I would say that folks on this forum are about 50% for and 50% against. So what is an 80 year old lady to do? I decided to buy one tomorrow and try it myself. That's the only way I'm ever going to find out. They offer a money back guarantee so I can't lose too much and I really hope it works. If not, it won't be the first time I've fallen for a scam and maybe not the last. I'll keep a record of what happens, if anything, and get back here in several months with an unbiased, unsolicited report.

Thanks for all the information and keep up the flaming. It's fun reading.

Berengaria

Allen Meyers

Reaction score
Okay you guys. I wanted to find out if HydroCare was on the level or not but I would say that folks on this forum are about 50% for and 50% against. So what is an 80 year old lady to do? I decided to buy one tomorrow and try it myself. That's the only way I'm ever going to find out. They offer a money back guarantee so I can't lose too much and I really hope it works. If not, it won't be the first time I've fallen for a scam and maybe not the last. I'll keep a record of what happens, if anything, and get back here in several months with an unbiased, unsolicited report.

Berengaria
I think you will like it. Everyone is just familiar with their own products here. Almost normal! LOL LOL

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
You should know that if that company were to come after anonymous you, all they need is your IP number off of Terry's logs and they can find you really quick..

Now you have done it, you might have just driven the paranoids over the edge!!:rolleyes: They will be putting on their aluminum foil hats and forever be watching over their shoulders for the men in black suits they are convinced are following them.:eek:

Last edited:

Terrydbhm

Reaction score

Berengaria

I have been using one in my house for over 90 days and we love it. I have also sold several and my customers are overjoyed with the results. Please send me a private message if you have any questions on the installation or use of your Hydrocare unit. You will be joining over a million worldwide satisfied users of the Hydropath technology.:D

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Now you have done it, you might have just driven the paranoid over the edge!!:rolleyes: They will be putting on their aluminum foil hats and forever be watching over their shoulders for the men in black suits they are convinced are following them.:eek:

You're a Democrat right ? :rolleyes:

Typical tactics, you are still ignoring the message and attacking the messenger. And still my offer remains unanswered. Imagine that

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score

Berengaria

I see that you joined Terry's forum today. could you give us a notion as to why you decided to make this topic your very first post?

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
I see that you joined Terry's forum today. could you give us a notion as to why you decided to make this topic your very first post?

Hmmm. .. . . . very curious question, are you adding Bernegaria to the conspiracy now? Maybe your aluminum foil hat has not arrived in the mail yet :confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks