(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: bubbles in water

Default bubbles in water

have water softener salt level fine regeneration fine recently turned off water upstairs to remodel bathroom lately water from tap looks cloudy turns out it's bubbles they all rise to top of glass and water then looks clear never had this problem before have a well pressure is fine anybody have any ideas what could be the cause of extreme aeration thank you

Default bubbles

thanks, will check softener because bubbles have been going on for about 2 wks

you can check to see if it is the aerator adding the water by removing the aerator and drawing water into a glass and if it doesn't have the air then it is the aerator causing the air like they are supposed to it could be lose brine line connections on the softener or the air check valve isn't sealing because it has something blocking it from sealing or it could be the valve you shut off sucking air around the stem packing
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

gary, thank you it was the valve i shut off sucking air

You're welcome Mike, thanks for the feedback.

Sammy, if you read this, maybe your air in the water is a valve stem leak on a shutoff valve.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Gary, i know where my customers well problems come from but thanks for the suggestion.

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com
    Last edited by sammyhydro11; 03-09-2009 at 07:45 AM.