Water Hammer with GMax

Users who are viewing this thread

Providence

Reaction score
One of my 3 Toto GMax toilets is having an issue that I've not been able to correct. About 3 months ago, for no apparent reason it began to experience what seemed like water hammer. Specifically, when the water slows down as it nears filling the tank, the pipes "hammer" as the water seems to try to shut off. Eventually it does shut off. This toilet is the only water facet in the home that experience any thing like water hammer. Based on research in this forum I did the following:

Added water pipe supports in my basement
Drained all of the water from the system
Replaced the assembly cap in the fill valve

The water pipe supports in the basement, helped reduce the veracity of the water hammer, but the issue seems to continue. I've tried 2 or 3 different assembly caps with no resolution.

I also recently changed the flapper due to another unrelated issue.

Thanks

Providence

Reaction score
An update -

I replaced the Fill Valve with a Korky 528T as recommended by Lee_Leses and the water hammer problem was completely corrected.

Purchased my 528T from the Ace Hardware Outlet, Lee mentions in his post at https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25707

Thanks to Lee and Terry for a great forum and all of the help you provided!

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
This is a great forum! Terry, thanks SO much for setting the forum up and moderating it.

Terry, if you lived in PA, I would have you over here doing all sorts of work. I bet you do a fantastic job...

Lee

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks