Mansfield Sillcocks

Users who are viewing this thread

moskoni77

Reaction score
Ever since Mansfield has changed their design to a 1/4 turn a few years ago.. I keep coming across the occasional sillcock that want to turn itself on. And when I say turn itself on, I mean the handle slowly turns on and starts trickling... before you know it, its wide open.

I'm just curious if anyone else on here has come across this and knows the solution to this problem. I've probably put in thousands of these things, since all we have used (for the past 14 years that I've been in the trade) is Mansfield sillcocks on our residential jobs..... and these things are a constant problem. From leak though the handle, anti-siphon, or the defect where the hose bibs just won't open (was caused by Mansfield using a softer rubber where the seat formed to the shaft... all to save a buck.. they have since corrected the problem.)

Thanks for anybody's input!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks