NO WATER HELP!! Start CAP??

Users who are viewing this thread

GMrules

Reaction score
Cheapest place to buy CSV1-60 ?

If I ever have to replace my tank, can I get smaller one now with this value?

another question not related, should I have to get new pump 2 wire or 3 wire?

Read the post on the forum saying residential should use 2 but i already have a 3, would I bet best to switch to a 2 should I have too?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I recommend a tank equivalent to a 42 gallon galvanized tank. The WWT20 Bladder Tank is what I would go with.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

GMrules

Reaction score
HELP died again

I lost my water today again, I had to press reset on my control box and hold the low pressure switch

I had hell of a time finding a CSV1-60 In Raleigh-Durham Area

I finally ordered on on web from place in TN, anyway

could the issue be my pressure switch, the csv would not help the having to hit reset button

its a square d low pressure cut off switch I have new one but wanted to wait to
install it at the same time as csv

could my V-250 be bad? or need air?

is the best thing to verify the tank is let all the water out and check pressure should be 38 on 40/60 switch?

another question, when I install CSV , do I set the pressure cut off pressure to 65 to be over the 60 lb csv? and cut in at 40?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I am afraid the CSV may not solve your problem, only keep it from happening again. Pumps last an "average" of 7 years, depending on how many times they cycle. If your motor is already fried, a CSV will not bring it back to life.

With the model CSV1-60, you need to set the pressure switch at about 50/70. Then about 45 PSI of air in the tank would be better.

GMrules

Reaction score
I knew would not solve my issue, but wanted to know if I had to replace it

should I use 2 or 3 wire pump?

could it be pressure switch??

GMrules

Reaction score
one thing I just thought of, is it the motor or can i just replace the motor portion not pump?

GMrules

Reaction score
speedbump sorry did not see your post about selling csv, did not know you sold stuff

if I need pump what kind of pumps do you sell?

I have Pump is Goulds 18GS15412 3wire version, Tank is Goulds V250

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm partial to two wire motors and I sell the Betta Flo by National Pump Co. You can easily replace the three wire motor with the two, but the other way around is going to cost you one more wire. I added a link in my last post explaining the difference between two and three wire motors if you want to read it.

The replacement pump for your Goulds would be my BF2011. It's a 20 gpm 1.5 hp.
bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

GMrules

Reaction score
OK ALL, CSV 1-60 installed in my crawl as soon as it hits my crawl

I was concentrating so hard not to put it in reversed, I almost did

I had glue and primer on slide it on and then removed it, what a JACKA** I am

I also replaced the Pressure switch with a new Square D one with low pressure cut off this time, switch set to 50/70

I added air to my v-250 was like 38 moved it to 45 per valueman direction, WOW is it hard to get it to take air, is it me and my gear or are they all hard and SLOW to fill?

I measured the amps when pump was running, 12.1-12.3, on yellow wire

I think should be 11.8, do you think I can make the winter that I am not irrigating? I hope so, I know no one can answer, If II can put it off I hope so

I understand now how csv works, i watched the gauge and it allows the pump to kick in but when it i never climbs past 60 with load on it, very cool

I hope I can limp through winter w.o shelling out 700+ bucks

Thanks all againi for all your help

Happy Thanksgiving all

George

Attachments

• CSV-1.jpg
    CSV-1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 184
  • csv-2.jpg
    csv-2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 188

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Personal Preference?

2 wire or 3 wire? I always preferred a 3 wire (now a 4 wire) because I had the capacitor, relay and reset button where I could replace them without pulling the pump! However today I would install a 2 wire (now a 3 wire) because it is simpler and most times (but not always) when the capacitor or relay goes, the pump usually follows soon.

Yep, Valveman is the inventer of the Cycle Stop Valve. There are similar valves out there but they are attempted substitutes to the real CSV and have many problems.

Try a CSV, I promise your wife will love the constant pressure in the home and shower and you'll love it everywhere else.

Tank Rerplacement! Yes you can replace your existing tank with a shaller one when necessary. I suggest when needing to do this, contact www.cyclestopvalves.com and call them at their toll free number for advise to the recommended replacement size.

CSV Purchase! Contact www.cyclestopvalves.com for a supplier nearest you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks