Water cut off while I was doing dishes by hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

mikemitch

Reaction score
Water cut off while doing dishes. I checked the breaker and it wasn't tripped so I reset the breaker anyway and still no water. I woke up this morning and everything is working normal. Is one of the components in the system bad? Does the pressure switch reset by itself?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There is an overload in the motor that resets itself. But it usually only takes a couple minutes before the pump comes back on. Anytime the pump isn't working, turn off the breaker. If it is running and just out of water it will burn up quickly. While using water somewhere, watch the pressure gauge. The pump should come on at 40 and off at 60. If it trips out when starting at 40 you may have bad start box if it is a 3 wire pump/motor. Let it run that way for a while and if the well pumps dry the pump will keep running (humming) while no water is coming out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks