Squeaky Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

Oaktown Gals

Reaction score
Our Toto toilet started making a loud squeaking noise while filling a couple of months ago. Folks on this forum suggested cleaning out the strainer in the refill tube - with the step by step instructions from Korky Quietfill - which I did. We have galvanized pipes and sure enough there was some rust chips in the strainer. The toilet sounded better, but not the way it used to, and eventually became squeaky again. I followed all the steps again - no rust chips this time, but taking it apart and putting it back together reduced the squeak anyway. But now it seems like it hesitates while filling (and still makes a quiet squeaking noise). The instructions say "If the main valve is worn out, (look inside cap), cleaning will not suffice, and a Replacement Cap Assembly will be required." I looked inside the cap, but I don't know what I'm looking for. What does it look like when the valve is worn out? (The valve was not obviously (to me at least) deteriorated - although it looked like the outer edges of the rubber might be curling up a bit.) If I do need this, where do I get it and how much can I expect to pay? Does it sound like this is what I need?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
$5.00 at Zoro
https://terrylove.com/korky/

korky-r528.jpg

korky-528-2x.jpg

Last edited: