Murphy was a plumber...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
You know what black water means when you turn the supplies on after installing a new faucet?

Of course you do...........Old washer in old supply has gone to pieces.

Now that I know that to be a likely scenario, I'll always turn off the water, and then turn it on again while the old faucet is still in place, then take apart the old supply and clear it out, etc, but yesterday my turban was at the dry cleaners so I did not have a clue it was about to happen.

So while I was on hold with American Standard for about 5 minutes, I had a vision, hung up the phone and ran to the shed with my scissors.

Voila!

I discovered that a clogged braided supply line can be cleared by removing the cartridge and reaming it with .080 weed whacker line. The little piece of rubber came out with little effort, after having tried compressed air.

Same cartridge, by the way, that I had replaced in my sister-in-law's shower a few weeks ago.

There is no substitute for experience.

HE

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
I use my roll of solder.

Hi HJ,
You know that exact thought crossed my mind, but I have noticed, despite my extreme lack of years worth of experience, that the new solder is a whole lot harder/stiffer than the old stuff, and I just was not going to take a chance with scratching the inside or whatever.

In any case it worked and I gained knowledge.

Of course the next step was replacing the drain in the CI sink..............so what was I thinking when I took out the old tailpipe/DW ell, and cut the new one THE EXACT SAME LENGTH before setting the new drain piece?????

<sigh>..................All drains are not the same length, sad to say, so $12 thrown away..........

Best,
HE

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks