Help with a jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

GO4HELP

Reaction score
I have a pump. It says that it is a convertible jet pump made by Simers with a GE 1/3 hp electric motor. As you look at it on the bottom front is 1 1/2" opening were I have my intake. On the top front is a 1" opening with a plug. On the top is another 1' opening with a plug, a small opening where the pressure gauge is and, another small opening with a plug and pipe connecting to the pressure switch. On the right side is two about 1 1/4" openings, the top one I have my discharge pipe and the bottom one has a plug. I have a 2" pipe with a 3 foot sand point in the ground 17 feet with 6 feet of water in the pipe. I have 2" cap on top of the pipe with a 1" heavy plastic pipe with a check value connecting to the pump. Any ideas why I can't get water up to the pump.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
That is quite a description. I have never heard of a jet pump with that many holes in it.

How about a picture of the setup?

bob...

GO4HELP

Reaction score
The installation is new but the pump is not new. I primed the why I always did before. The only difference is it had a 1" plastic pipe going to a 60' well. Can a pump with only a 1/3 hp suck water up 11' in a 2" steel pipe ????

Speedbump

Reaction score
Any good working shallow well jet pump can lift water 25 feet max. Pipe size doesn't really matter as long as it's large enough.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks