Jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin150

Reaction score

I have an electrical question/pump question
I have a 1hp eco jet pump and a tank . It just sucks water from the tank and pushes it back into the tank about 4” below water level . Pump intake is level with bottoms of tank so pump is allways primed with water . The issue I have is if it sits say over night and I go to start in morning it surges and bunch of times before it fires up pump ( sounds like it’s struggling ) after pump fires I can shut off and start it like normal no surging . One time it surged so much it tripped overload switch on pump . I have the power running through a gfci and it has a switch to turn pump on .

Know if I by pass switch / gfci in the morning and just plug right into an extension cord it will fire right up without the surge.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sounds like you have an air leak. Must be a check valve on the discharge side of the pump. With a single check valve on the suction side of the pump, a leak will cause the pump to come back on, but not let air in the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks